The SolarEdge Grid Tie Home System is continuing to improve grid tie solar power generation. In a SolarEdge Grid Tie Home System, a DC to DC PowerBox optimizer is paired with each solar panel in an array. The SolarEdge PowerBox optimizers maximize energy throughput from each and every module through constant tracking of Maximum Power Point individually per module. Because SolarEdge PowerBox optimizers automatically maintain a fixed string voltage, so the SolarEdge inverter can works at optimal efficiency.
Benefits to a SolarEdge Grid Tie System
- 25% increase in energy production in systems with shading issues!
- Energy loss caused by module mismatch and partial shading is eliminated.
- Multiple arrays and module orientations are easily supported.
- Optimal DC to AC conversion regardless of string lengths
- Individual module monitoring, performance reporting and alerts.
- SolarEdge’s proprietary SafeDC mechanism provides greater safety by shutting down module voltage during installation, maintenance, and firefighting.
- 25-year warranty on PowerBox Optimizers. 12-year warranty on inverters (extendable to 20-25 years)
- Remote monitoring capable
- Indoor/Outdoor Installation
Less Constraints when designing your system
- There is no more need for string sizing.
- Temperature is not a factor because fixed string voltage ensures the inverter always operates at its peak efficiency voltage and prevents under-voltage power losses even on hot days.
- Panels don’t all have to be facing the same way.
- Different string lengths can now be accommodated.
- Solar power ratings and technologies can vary.
The difference between SolarEdge Systems and other traditional grid tie systems is that in a traditional grid tie system if only one solar panel in your system is shaded or is down, each and every other solar panel in the array replicates the same power output, reducing the entire system’s power output. In a SolarEdge system, PowerBox optimizers are paired up to each solar panel allowing panels to operate independently at optimal performance, and control the output of each solar panel with Maximum Power Point Tracking and maintains a fixed string voltage alllowing the SolarEdge inverter to work at optimal efficiency.
A small difference in efficiency can mean a lot of money lost over the life of your Solar Energy System. This is the results from a 10MW system over a year. The Benefits of Renesola over the competition is clear.
Manufacturer Model Production Revenue Revenue Lost
Renesola JC-250 15,675 $1,567,500 $0
Trina TSM-250 15,517 $1,551,700 -$15,800
Jinko JKM-250 15,413 $1,541,300 -$26,200
Canadian Solar CS6P-250 15,255 $1,525,500 -$42,000
Yingli YL250P 15,200 $1,520,000 -$47,500
JA Solar JAP6-250 14,830 $1,483,000 -$84,500
Free Shipping to the Port Of Miami!